Whereas the client, hereinafter referred as the customer, wishes to use Sancrest to transport their vehicle(s) and whereas Sancrest, hereinafter referred to as the broker/carrier, the customer agrees to let the broker/carrier act on his behalf in shipping their vehicles(s).
We will do everything possible to arrange pickup and delivery within the time frame requested. This cannot be guaranteed. This is usually 3 to 5 business days, but it may be 7 to 14 business days or more. It is very important that we have the correct phone numbers and addresses for pickup and delivery for timely and accurate transportation. Cell numbers, other contact persons, work numbers, and pager numbers can help in timely delivery. In the event the customer’s requests are unreasonable and/or unsuitable for shipment, Sancrest reserves the right to cancel customer’s order and refund customer’s deposit within 5 business days of cancellation.
A carrier’s responsibility is instituted at the time the bill of lading is signed by the customer at pickup and terminates when the customer signs the bill of lading on delivery. If the customer cannot be present, they must authorize a duly designated person to sign the bill of lading. The customer must make a fair and reasonable effort to meet the carrier for pickup and delivery. These are large trucks and the customer may have to meet them in an area accessible for the carrier to load in a safe area.
Any questions can be directed to Sancrest 417-744-2100 or email email@example.com/transportation.
We try to deliver right to the door but if this is not possible, you may be asked to meet the truck in a parking lot where loading can be done safely and allowed.
- It is your responsibility to check oil, antifreeze, coolant, transmission, water and brake fluid levels.
- We are not responsible for personal effects (please do not leave in vehicle). Any objects such as special antennas, other objects attached to the car should be removed.; we will not be responsible.
- If the vehicle has any leaks that may damage other cars, inform the driver at pickup. You will be liable for damage to other vehicles or the environment if the damage is caused by your vehicle.
- Disarm alarm systems and be sure the appropriate keys are provided to the transporter.
- Remove any parts on the exterior of the vehicle that are loose or can become loose, such as antennas, spoilers, fog lights, etc. Carrier will not be responsible for any damage or loss to these. Customer will be liable for damage to any other vehicle if such parts come loose and damage another vehicle.
NON RUNNING/ IN OPERATIONAL VEHICLES
Non-running and in operational vehicles will not be accepted until appropriate charges have been paid and noted on the contract. Transporters will take utmost care in handling in ops but due to loading and unloading these units, Sancrest will not be responsible for transport damage. Non running vehicles are shipped at the owner’s risk. If shipping an inoperable vehicle, the customer may be asked to assist in loading and unloading at their expense. If a vehicle becomes inoperable during shipment, the customer will be subject to inop fees for the vehicle.
Your car is insured by carriers liability and cargo insurance while in transit. A joint inspection must be done at time of pick up and delivery. If there is transport damage, the damage must be noted on the Bill of Lading upon delivery. A signed Bill of Lading with no damage noted verifies that the customer or his agent has received the vehicle in good condition and relieves Sancrest and/or other carrier from any claims. Claims made after signing off on delivery will not be accepted. You need to notify Sancrest of damages on the day of delivery or the next business day if after hours by phone and certified letter. You will be required to obtain 2 estimates for damage and submit to Sancrest within 10 days after delivery along with signed copy of Bill of Lading. Only the actual cost for the damage caused by the driver will be allowed.
If said vehicle is moved by a carrier other than Sancrest, the customer must submit damage claims, pictures and detailed estimates to Sancrest as well as the designated carrier within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle. Sancrest will not be liable for damages in transit by another carrier, but will assist the customer in solving the damage claims.
PLEASE REVIEW THE ABOVE CAREFULLY. DAMAGE MUST BE NOTED ON THE BILL OF LADING AT TIME OF DELIVERY AND SIGNED BY BOTH DRIVER AND CUSTOMER.
PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE IF ANY QUESTIONS. IF SOMEONE ELSE IS ACCEPTING THE CAR FOR YOU, NOTIFY THEM OF THESE CONDITIONS.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR:
- Damage caused by acts of God, such as hail, tornadoes, hurricanes, storms, etc.
- Mechanical defects of any part of the vehicle, and any damage caused by leaking fluids, damage to cooling system by freezing and battery.
- Any pre-existing damage or concealed damage or normal wear and tear.
- Damages to convertible tops., T tops, caps, boots or another another loose parts. These must be secured by the customer before pickup.
- Windshield pits and/or chips If the windshield is broken during transit, the insurance will pay if it due to transport damage.
- Missing radios, accessories, face plates, etc. if not listed as being present on the Bill of Lading at pickup.
- Damage to undercarriage, wheel bearings, tie downs, any engine damage, batteries, exhaust, alignment or any part of the vehicle that is not evaluated at pickup location.
- Damage not noted on bill of lading at time of pickup due to weather or dirty vehicles.
- Any loss or damage or claims for any items that have been left loose in vehicle, whether inside vehicle or in trunk or storage compartment.
- Damage caused by fluids or objects that fly up from roadway or out of the sky.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through from tie-down holes.
- All orders booked will require a deposit. Payment of shipping can be paid in full at time of order or the minimum deposit, as determined by Sancrest, making BALANCE PAYABLE AT TIME OF DELIVERY WITH CASH, CERTIFIED CASHIERS CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY.
If an order is canceled;
- If assigned to a driver, the cancellation fee is the deposit plus 5% .
- If not assigned to a driver, there is no cancellation fee.
- If a truck is sent to pick up the vehicle and it is not available for any reason, a charge of $250.00 will apply in addition to the normal shipping charges.
- If a carrier cannot make delivery of the vehicle at destination, the vehicle will be taken to the closest storage terminal. All storage fees, COD’s and other charges will be paid to Sancrest before release of vehicle.
- If Sancrest is unable to move customer’s vehicle in a timely with a licensed and insured carrier, Sancrest will refund in full all monies paid to move customer’s vehicle. Sancrest reserves at least 14 days from date of deposit payment to move customer’s vehicle.
- Sancrest will issue all refunds according to the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement.